Checkerboard Warming Basket
- Handmade by experienced Senegalese Wolof craftswomen, these fair trade baskets are sturdy and can last for decades. Using locally harvested cattail stalks and strips of plastic used to make prayer mats, these women bring supplemental income to their households by weaving baskets like this traditionally shaped warming basket. The basket's domed lid allows for an impressive amount of storage. Measures 12"D x 14"T; size may vary slightly. Made of Typha (cattails), plastic strips.
- Swahili Imports has been building relationships with African artisans for over 20 years. Founded by Leslie Mittelberg, an avid traveler with a heart for sustainable development & a head for business, Swahili represents thousands of artisans from one of the world's most diverse & enigmatic continents. Swahili operates from a small warehouse in Eugene, Oregon, but their network spans the globe. We pay fairly and on time, because artisans work hard to provide for their families.
Stainless Steel Straws Travel Set
- Say no to disposable straws on-the-go! It can be difficult when you are traveling or out and about if you aren't prepared, but this set makes it easy with a lined pouch to carry and a cleaning tool. Each linen pouch comes with a removable interior wet bag to keep your dirty straws separate from the clean ones. The wet bag snaps in and out, making it easy to remove and wash. Set includes three 8.5” stainless steel straws: one straight, one bent, one wide straight and one straw cleaner. The pouch is made from a linen cotton blend, and measures 10.5" tall by 3.5”. The interior wet bag is made from PUL material (83% polyester, 13% polyurethane).
- Marley's Monsters is a Eugene, OR based one-stop shop for eco-friendly, reusable home and kitchen products and unique baby goods.
Mini Vase 5
- This modern, butter yellow bubble vase is made of colored porcelain clay has a matte finish, with a glazed interior to hold liquids. Measures approximately 4.5 in x 3 inches.
- Middle Kingdom is a Virginia-based porcelain ceramics company. Their unique business model results in the combination of modern design and color, and the traditional art of porcelain, which has been flourishing in China for thousands of years. They design each piece, which is then handmade by well-trained, traditional ceramicists in Jingdezhen, China’s “capital of porcelain”.They intend to highlight the abundance of creativity and skillfulness of traditional and contemporary Chinese artists. Their minimal and colorful ceramic vases take the form of lotion bottles, dish detergent bottles, motor oil cans and simple organic shapes.