King Friday - I Make Noises for Attention
- The 7th studio album from Seattle's sober-core psych nerds.
1. I Got a Blister in My Hand
2. I Wrote a Universal Song
3. Evil Like Sinatra
4. I’m In a Silly Fight With My Friends
5. I Make Noises For Attention
6. I Wanna Be a Rapper
7. Happy Never After
8. Everybody Wants to Be a Matt
9. The Comprehensive Artistic Statement
- King FridayKing Friday is a band of the 21st century. Their music is available everywhere, but only digitally. They’re signed to a record label, but all have day jobs (flight attendant, legal assistant, field biologist). They’ve recorded 10 full-length albums and released five using nothing but a modest home setup. They are an unapologetic band gaining steam in the most honest, practical way they know how, given the landscape of modern independent music. The only thing anchoring King Friday to another era is, contradictorily, their music. The songs hark back to more psychedelic times. They’re honest and fun, reminiscent of early Of Montreal recordings. Paul Simon’s penchant for harmony and Harry Nilsson’s signature wail clearly influence their catalog – but there’s something else happening here. There’s a whimsy that can’t be faked – an endearing sense of humor, candor, and personality that leave audiences glad the band is a productive as they are fun to listen to.