Pep Talk Postcard Book
- Think of this book as your personal pep talk kit, making it joyously easy to brighten people’s days, turn frowns upside down, and serve as a personal cheering section for all the deserving folks in your life.
• Go old-school and drop in the mail, frame them for a gallery wall o’ encouragement, slip one under a co-worker’s keyboard, hide one in a friend’s bag—the pep talk possibilities are endless.
• Twenty extra-large 5" x 7" postcards with card stock cover
• 2 each of 10 different designs (20 total postcards)
• Postcards require standard letter / first-class mail postage
Emily McDowell Em & Friends wants you to feel truly seen, heard, and connected to the people you love—including yourself!—in good times, crazy times, and really freaking hard times. (Especially those times.) Em & Friends make cards and products for the relationships people really have and the lives they really lead: relationships and lives that are messy and beautiful, tricky and wonderful, and a whole bunch of everything else in between.
After a cancer diagnosis, founder, Emily McDowell, learned that sometimes people drift away simply because they don’t know what to say. She also learned that there wasn’t a huge supply of greeting cards available that spoke authentically to complex or nontraditional life experiences. So in 2012 she started writing and illustrating her own cards, reflecting her real, complicated life—like Valentines for people who are kinda ambiguously dating, Mother’s Day cards for people who aren’t technically your mom, and cards for seriously ill people who might find “get well” messages awkward at best.
In 2018, Em & Friends joined forces with the kindred spirits at Knock Knock—another woman-owned company—uniting as two sister brands under one kickass umbrella. They're now collaborating with amazing artists and writers such as Lisa Congdon and Elizabeth Gilbert. But no matter how Em & Friends evolves, their goal will always be the same: to help people feel more connected and less alone.