Tender Loving Empire is in search of an assistant manager to help open our new store in Bridgeport Village, opening in mid-late August.
If you are not familiar with Tender Loving Empire, we are a handmade marketplace and record label that specializes in creative media and promoting independent artists and musicians. We currently operate four brick and mortar stores that carry handmade goods and local music from over 300 independent artists as well as music from our own record label.
Bridgeport Village Assistant Manager (BPVASM)
The BPVASM is a crucial part of TLE’s Bridgeport Village store retail team. They work side by side with the BPV Store Manager (BPVASM) to ensure that the store is well stocked, impeccably merchandised and offers the top notch customer service TLE is known for. When the BPV Store Manager is absent, the BPVASM’s main task is oversee the operations of the store and supervise staff.
This person is an upbeat, positive leader who embodies all of TLE’s core values. They like to get up early and are excited about working as a team player. They are in love with handmade goods and a fan of local music. This person loves to train, schedule and encourage our employees but always holds them accountable to the jobs they were hired for. They have positive attitude and are willing to roll up their sleeves to get things done. They are happy to work the sales floor, attend to customer service inquiries and receive and unpack product, all while striving to meet TLE’s sales goals.
- Assists the Store Manager.
- Opens and/or closes the store as needed.
- Ensures efficient operation of the store during their work shifts.
- Assists Store Manager in training new employees. Supervise store staff when on shift.
- Contributes to store staff reviews.
- Exemplifies and instills TLE core values and leadership traits.
- Exemplifies customer service excellence and encourages store staff to do the same.
- Keeps stores stocked fully and merchandised impeccably during store shifts according to merchandising plan developed by the Lead Curator/Merchandiser.
- Secures merchandise and reduces theft by properly using security & monitoring systems.
- Keeps a safe and clean store environment, ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
- Properly and promptly responds to escalated customer complaints and comments.
- Maintains product and vendor knowledge of the items we carry.
- Attends meetings.
- In the absence of the store manager attends all airport concessions operational and marketing meetings and disseminates information to all necessary parties.
- Builds customer email list and encourages follow up online sales.
- Responsible for driving sales & setting the tone for the store.
- Receives and enters inventory when directed by BPVSM.
- Must have at least 2 years prior management experience in specialty or clothing retail.
- College degree preferred.
- Excellent organizational, communication and writing skills.
- Computer and spreadsheet skills essential.
- Must have visual merchandising, sales and marketing experience.
- Must be available to work weekends.
Competitive wages at levels commensurate with experience
Please submit via email to email@example.com with BPV ASSISTANT MANAGER as the subject line and include the following:
- Cover letter
- 2-3 professional references including references full name, title, phone and email.
- Share any social media links you'd like
- Click here to take a simple 10 minute work style assessment.
About Tender Loving Empire
Tender Loving Empire (TLE) was founded by Jared and Brianne Mees in 2006 in Portland Oregon. Our goal is and has always been to make connections with visual artists, designers, musicians and craftspeople—and then connect them to new fans, and listeners. We've expanded from our humble beginnings as a mom and pop operation in a tiny out-of-the-way location to a thriving multi-vertical company that employs ~40 people via 4 Portland retail stores: Downtown (in the West End), on SE Hawthorne, NW 23rd, and at the PDX Airport. We also have an ecommerce website, a line of signature products and an internationally distributed record label. Tender Loving Empire is an Equal Opportunity Employer.