Tender Loving Empire, a growing specialty retail company with great opportunities for future career development, is hiring a Store Manager for its brand new location at Bridgeport Village - Opening Summer 2018.
The Bridgeport Village Store Manager (SM) will oversee all the operations of Tender Loving Empire’s store at Bridgeport Village (BPV) in Tigard, Oregon. This person will manage a team of store employees as well as 1-2 Assistant Managers. The SM reports directly to the executive team (COO/CFO and CEOs) and will work closely with the Buying Team to ensure their store is always impeccably stocked and merchandised.
This person is an upbeat, positive leader who embodies all of TLE’s core values. They are in love with handmade goods and a fan of local music. This person loves to hire, train, schedule and develop employees but always holds them accountable to the jobs they were hired for. They have positive attitude and are willing to roll up their sleeves to get things done. They are happy to work the sales floor, attend to customer service inquiries and receive and unpack product, all while striving to meet TLE’s sales goals.
- Schedules and assigns store staff
- Ensures efficient day-to-day operation of the store
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, hiring, and training employees
- Maintains store staff job results by, coaching, counseling, teaching, inspiring and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Works with Portland Regional Manager and PDX Store Manager to maintain operational consistency across all locations.
- Conducts semi-annually reviews with each assistant manager and store staff member.
- Exemplifies and instills TLE core values and leadership traits.
- Exemplifies customer service excellence and encourages store staff to do the same.
- Responsible for the execution and maintenance of the merchandising plan as developed by LCM. Collaborate with the LCM with modifications and changes in merchandising that might improve sales performance.
- Develops merchandising skills in assistant managers and store staff.
- Secures merchandise and reduces theft by properly using security & monitoring systems and training staff in theft prevention measures.
- Keeps a safe and clean store environment, and ensures standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
- Properly and promptly responds to escalated customer complaints and comments.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Attends all Bridgeport Village operational and marketing meetings and disseminates information to all necessary parties.
- Maintains product and vendor knowledge of the items we carry.
- Builds customer email list and encourages follow up online sales.
- Works with LCM, Marketing Manager and Lead Designer on special store promotions, displays, events and other marketing opportunities within BPV.
- Works the sales floor regularly to stay in touch with customer and staff issues and trends
- Makes cash deposits at bank and keeps accurate record of deposits on Deposit Log.
- Keeps backroom and storage areas organized and clean.
- Receives product with help from assistant manager.
- Must have at least 2 years prior retail general management experience in specialty or clothing retail (i.e. store manager with staff)
- College degree preferred
- Excellent organizational, communication and writing skills
- Computer and spreadsheet skills essential
- Must have visual merchandising and sales experience.
- Weekend availability required
- Health Benefits available
Please submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with BPV STORE MANAGER as the subject line and include the following:
- Cover letter detailing why you would be a good fit for this job and why Tender Loving Empire is a company you’d like to work for.
- 2-3 professional references including references full name, title, phone and email.
Click here to take a simple 10 minute work style assessment.
About Tender Loving Empire
Tender Loving Empire (TLE) was founded by Jared and Brianne Mees in 2006 in Portland Oregon. Our goal is and has always been to make connections with visual artists, designers, musicians and craftspeople—and then connect them to new fans, and listeners. We've expanded from our humble beginnings as a mom and pop operation in a tiny out-of-the-way location to a thriving multi-vertical company that employs ~40 people via 4 Portland retail stores: Downtown (in the West End), on SE Hawthorne, NW 23rd, and at the PDX Airport. We also have an ecommerce website, a line of signature products and an internationally distributed record label. Tender Loving Empire is an Equal Opportunity Employer.