PDX Airport Store Manager
This position has closed! But you can keep an eye on other openings on our Jobs page.
Tender Loving Empire, a growing specialty retail company with great opportunities for future career development, is hiring a full time store manager for its new store at the Portland, Oregon, Airport.
PDX Airport Store Manager
The PDX Airport Store Manager (PDXSM) oversees all the operations of Tender Loving Empire’s store in the D Concourse of the Portland Airport. This person oversees a team of store employees as well as 3 assistant managers. The PDXSM reports directly to the Leadership team and works closely with all members of the Buying Team to ensure that TLE’s airport store is always impeccably stocked and merchandised. This person also works closely with the Port of Portland’s concessions operations and marketing teams to ensure TLE is always compliant with Port and TLE’s contractual agreements.
This person is an upbeat, positive leader who embodies all of TLE’s core values and likes to get up early. This person is excited about working as a team player, and is in love with handmade goods and local music. This person loves to hire, train, schedule and encourage our employees but always holds them accountable to the jobs they were hired for. They have a positive attitude and are willing to roll up their sleeves to get things done. They are happy to work the sales floor, attend to customer service inquiries and receive and unpack product, all while striving to meet TLE’s sales goals.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Schedules and assigns store staff to maintain required store hours of 5AM to 10:30PM, 365 days a year; following up on work results.
- Ensures efficient day-to-day operation of the store
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, hiring, and training employees.
- Maintains store staff job results by, coaching, counseling, teaching, inspiring and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Plans and conducts bi-monthly store staff meetings.
- Conducts semi-annual reviews with each assistant manager and store staff member.
- Exemplifies and instills TLE core values and leadership traits.
- Exemplifies customer service excellence and encourages store staff to do the same.
- Responsible for the execution and maintenance of the merchandising plan with modifications and changes in merchandising that might improve sales performance.
- Develops merchandising skills in assistant managers and store staff.
- Places weekly signature line transfer requests
- Secures merchandise and reduces theft by properly using security & monitoring systems and training staff in theft prevention measures.
- Keeps a safe and clean store environment,, and ensures standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
- Properly and promptly responds to escalated customer complaints and comments
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with all legal and airport lease and security requirements.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Attending all airport concessions operational and marketing meetings and disseminates information to all necessary parties.
- Maintaining product and vendor knowledge of the items we carry.
- Attending bi-weekly HQ meetings.
- Builds customer email list and encourages follow up online sales.
- Works on special store promotions, displays, events and other marketing opportunities within the airport
- Works the sales floor regularly to stay in touch with customer and staff issues and trends
- Makes weekly cash deposits at bank and keeps accurate record of deposits on Deposit Log.
- Keeping backroom and storage areas organized and clean.
- Must have at least 2 years prior general management experience in specialty or clothing retail (i.e. you were a store manager with staff)
- College degree preferred
- Excellent organizational, communication and writing skills
- Computer and spreadsheet skills essential
- Must have visual merchandising, sales and marketing experience
- Available to begin work February 1st, 2017
Please submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “PDX AIRPORT STORE MANAGER” as the subject line and include the following:
- Cover letter detailing why you would be a good fit for this job and why Tender Loving Empire is a company you’d like to work for.
- Resume including salary history
- 2-3 professional references including references full name, title, phone and email.
- Click here to take a simple 10 minute work style assessment.
About Tender Loving Empire
Tender Loving Empire (TLE) was founded by Jared and Brianne Mees in 2006 in Portland Oregon. Our goal is and has always been to make connections with visual artists, designers, musicians and craftspeople—and then connect them to new fans, and listeners. We've expanded from our humble beginnings as a mom and pop operation in a tiny out-of-the-way location to a thriving multi-vertical company that employs 20 people via 3 Portland retail stores: downtown (in the West End), on SE Hawthorne, and on NW 23rd. We also have an ecommerce website, a line of signature products and an internationally distributed record label. Tender Loving Empire is an Equal Opportunity Employer.