Portland Airport Assistant Manager
Portland Airport Assistant Manager
Tender Loving Empire operates 6 brick-and-mortar stores in the greater Portland area + online, curating a collection of goods and music from hundreds of independent makers for people who want to support their creative community, surround themselves with beauty, and live wholehearted. TLE has been part of the creative community in Portland since 2007 with a simple, three-part mission statement: empower and support creatives, enrich and fulfill employees, and to delight and inspire patrons. We truly believe when you live wholehearted you are an optimist and a do-gooder, a dabbler and a dreamer; you go after your dreams and help others succeed in theirs; you understand that small businesses keep our communities from being boring, homogenous, impersonal, money-over-people type places.
Applying to work at Tender Loving Empire is a choice to support hundreds of makers, musicians and small businesses. Together we can make our communities more vibrant, creative, compassionate and connected.
Assistant Manager (ASM) Job Summary
The PDX ASM is a crucial part of TLE’s Portland Airport store retail team. They work side by side with the PDX Airport General Manager (PDX GM) to ensure that the store is well stocked, impeccably merchandised, and offers the top notch customer service TLE is known for. The ASM’s main task is oversee the operations and success of the store and team.
This person is an upbeat, positive leader who embodies all of TLE’s core values. They can learn on the fly, are flexible in challenging situations, and excited about working as a team player. They are in love with handmade goods and a fan of local music. This person loves to train, schedule, delegate, and encourage our employees while always holding them accountable. They have positive attitude and are willing to roll up their sleeves to get things done. They are happy to work the sales floor, attend to customer service inquiries, receive and unpack product, all while striving to meet TLE’s sales goals.
- Assists the PDX GM at one of TLE's PDX airport locations.
- Opens and/or close the store as needed.
- Ensures efficient operation of the store during their work shifts and checks in with their team
- Assists PDX GM in training new employees. Supervise store staff when on shift.
- Contributes to store staff reviews.
- Exemplifies and instills TLE core values and leadership traits.
- Exemplifies customer service excellence and encourages store staff to do the same.
- Keeps stores stocked fully and merchandised impeccably during store shifts according to merchandising plan developed by the Director of Merchandising (DoM)
- Secures merchandise and reduces theft by properly using security & monitoring systems.
- Keeps a safe and clean store environment, ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
- Properly and promptly responds to escalated customer complaints and comments.
- Maintains product and vendor knowledge of the items we carry, encouraging strong product knowledge with our team.
- In the absence of the PDX GM attends all airport concessions operational and marketing meetings and disseminates information to all necessary parties.
- Builds customer profiles and encourages follow up online sales.
- Responsible for driving sales & setting the tone for the store.
- Receives inventory and oversees any discrepancies as directed by PDX GM & DoM in a timely manner.
- Must have at least 2 years prior management experience in specialty or clothing retail.
- College degree preferred.
- Excellent organizational, communication and writing skills.
- Computer and spreadsheet skills essential.
- Must have visual merchandising, sales and marketing experience.
- Available to work shifts beginning as early as 4:45 AM and ending as late as 10:00pm.
Perks and benefits:
- Parking pass or TriMet pass included.
- Employee discount
- Healthiest You - health advice benefit for PT and FT employees
- Medical and dental benefits offered to FT employees
- Oregon Saves account access
- HSA account via some health insurance options
- Occasional free tickets to live music and other TLE-sponsored events.
- Working alongside the best and most dedicated team
Please submit via email to email@example.com with PDX ASSISTANT MANAGER as the subject line and include an introduction of yourself along with your resume.