Street Stores - Sales Team Member
Tender Loving Empire operates 6 brick-and-mortar stores in the greater Portland area + online, curating a collection of goods and music from hundreds of independent makers for people who want to support their creative community, surround themselves with beauty, and live wholehearted. TLE has been part of the creative community in Portland since 2006 with a simple, three-part mission statement: empower and support creatives, enrich and fulfill employees, and to delight and inspire patrons. We truly believe when you live wholehearted you are an optimist and a do-gooder, a dabbler and a dreamer; you go after your dreams and help others succeed in theirs; you understand that small businesses keep our communities from being boring, homogenous, impersonal, money-over-people type places.
Applying to work at Tender Loving Empire is a choice to support hundreds of makers, musicians and small businesses. Together we can make our communities more vibrant, creative, compassionate, and connected.
Sales Team Members at Tender Loving Empire are brand ambassadors and the secret to our success! They are customer service all-stars, always seeking opportunities to inspire and delight the customer by displaying warmth and inspiration through their engagement. Our Sales Team understands and appreciates the hard work that goes into the product + music that fill our stores and eagerly share this through their interactions.They contribute to a successful day of business by completing all operations in an organized and efficient manner. They prioritize communication and teamwork by holding themselves and their peers accountable, celebrating successes, learning from opportunities, and above all, want to see our company thrive. We’re a small team with big goals.
What we’re looking for:
- 2 years or more specialty retail/customer service experience
- Strong computer skills (our company lives and breathes via Google Docs + Slack)
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Warm, friendly and professional customer service and sales skills
- An eye for design and merchandising and an understanding of our company's aesthetic
- Strong work ethic (TLE is a fun place to work, but we work hard!)
- Good Attitude
- Ability to accept and implement constructive criticism
- Weekend availability required
- 3-5 days a week. Flexibility up to 5 days a week is a plus
- Flexible to working between multiple locations a plus
Perks and benefits:
- PTO available upon completion of 90 days
- Benefits (health + dental) available to full-time employees
- Employee discount
Please email email@example.com with the subject line STREET STORE POSITION including an introduction of yourself along with your resume.