Record Label Marketing Associate - Part Time
This person has 2+ years of experience working in social media or a college degree in a related field. Experience in the music industry a plus.
This will be a part-time, short-term, exempt position lasting several months with the possibility for continued employment for the right candidate. There will be 10-15 hours per week of work, either paid on a monthly retainer or hourly basis to be determined by the candidates experience.
- Extremely high attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Moderately flexible schedule, ability to quickly respond to arising needs.
- Driven, self-motivated and hustles daily.
- Proven ability to write creative and engaging copy for newsletters, press releases and social media.
- Picks up new technology quickly, specifically social media trends.
- Basic design skills and ability to use Photoshop and Illustrator to make graphic content for web and social media.
- Develop content strategy and run social media accounts associated with TLE including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Create detailed content calendars for all record label marketing initiatives including artist releases and special events.
- Perform listen and respond functions for label social accounts.
- Work with our artists and their teams to develop marketing strategies, and write copy for newsletters and social around their releases and tours to create engagement and fan loyalty.
- Design and create unique visual content for social media including animated gifs and short video clips.
- Using analytics and testing, audit and assess best social media practices, including ad buys. Work with our artists to make sure they are making the most of their digital opportunities.
- In conjunction with Record Label Manager, assist with generation of ideas for cutting edge marketing campaigns, and facilitate them through conception, launch and execution.
Send an email to email@example.com with the with the following:
- Cover letter
- Share any social media links you'd like
- Click here to take a simple 10 minute work style assessment
About Tender Loving Empire
Tender Loving Empire (TLE) was founded by Jared and Brianne Mees in 2006 in Portland Oregon. Our goal is and has always been to make connections with visual artists, designers, musicians and craftspeople—and then connect them to new fans, and listeners. We've expanded from our humble beginnings as a mom and pop operation in a tiny out-of-the-way location to a thriving multi-vertical company that employs ~40 people via 4 Portland retail stores: Downtown (in the West End), on SE Hawthorne, NW 23rd, and at the PDX Airport. We also have an e-commerce website, a line of signature products and an internationally distributed record label. Tender Loving Empire is an Equal Opportunity Employer.