Social Media Coordinator Position
Tender Loving Empire operates 6 brick-and-mortar stores in the greater Portland area + online, curating a collection of handmade goods and music from hundreds of independent makers for people who want to support their creative community, surround themselves with beauty, and live wholehearted. TLE has been part of the creative community in Portland since 2007 with a simple, three-part mission statement: empower and support creatives, enrich and fulfill employees, and to delight and inspire patrons. We truly believe when you live wholehearted you are an optimist and a do-gooder, a dabbler and a dreamer; you go after your dreams and help others succeed in theirs; you understand that small businesses keep our communities from being boring, homogenous, impersonal, money-over-people type places.
Applying to work at Tender Loving Empire is a choice to support hundreds of makers, musicians and small businesses. Together we can make our communities more vibrant, creative, compassionate and connected.
Tender Loving Empire is seeking an awesome human to run the day-to-day content creation and operations of their primary social media platforms, Instagram and Facebook. This person will bring a passion for music and the handmade community to the Marketing Team, and will help to bring the TLE brand and the stories we have to tell, to life. Our ideal candidate will have proven experience creating and strategizing outstanding content for product and lifestyle brands, a keen eye for design and layout, product and lifestyle photography skills, and excellent copywriting abilities. They will also have excellent communication and project management skills and will help to execute strategic programs and partnerships designed to increase followers and engagement. This person will collaborate with the Marketing Team, Merchandising Team and Design Team to ensure brand consistency, voice and strategic goals are aligned.
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content including photos, videos & copy.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of monthly editorial calendar, including sales objectives and initiatives outlined by the Marketing Team
- Create actionable plans to both grow and maintain followers primarily on Instagram and Facebook, with potential for Pinterest, Twitter, and more.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales and design teams to ensure brand consistency
- Communicate and engage with audience, respond to customer service & other inquiries in a timely manner
- Suggest and implement new strategies to develop brand awareness, such as in-store incentives, promotions, contests, partnerships etc
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and best practices in social media
- Experience creating high quality photo and video content for retail or lifestyle brands
- Excellent verbal and copywriting skills
- Experience with visual storytelling, moodboards and content briefs
- Knowledge of Later, Hootsuite, Hubspot or other platform management tools.
- Design and layout knowledge is a plus!
- Ability to navigate social media platforms and features.
- Understanding of Social Media best practices
Please email brianne (at) tenderlovingempire.com with the subject line SOCIAL MEDIA APPLICATION. Include an introduction of yourself along with your resume, and 5 product/lifestyle brand photos you have taken paired with copy as if they were an Instagram Post. Accepting applications through August 10th.