Assistant Store Manager—West End
Tender Loving Empire, a growing specialty retail company with great opportunities for future career development, is hiring an Assistant Manager for its store on SW 10th Ave in Portland, Oregon.
The Downtown Assistant Store Manager (ASM) helps the Store Manager with the successful operation of Tender Loving Empire’s store at our SW 10th location. This person helps guide a team of store employees alongside their SM and works with all members of the Buying Team to ensure the store is always impeccably stocked and merchandised.
This person is an upbeat, positive leader who embodies all of TLE’s core values. This person is excited about working as a team player, and is in love with handmade goods and local music. This person loves to train, schedule and encourage our employees but always holds them accountable to the jobs they were hired for. They have a positive attitude and are willing to roll up their sleeves to get things done. They are happy to work the sales floor, attend to customer service inquiries and receive and unpack product, all while striving to meet TLE’s sales goals.
- Assists SM in overseeing West End store.
- Opens and/or close the store as needed.
- Ensures efficient operation of the store during their work shifts.
- Assists in training new employees. Supervise store staff when on shift.
- Contributes and participates in delivering store staff reviews with SM.
- Exemplifies and instills TLE core values and leadership traits.
- Exemplifies customer service excellence and encourages store staff to do the same.
- Keeps stores stocked fully and merchandised impeccably during store shifts according to merchandising plan developed by the Lead Curator/Merchandiser.
- Secures merchandise and reduces theft by properly using security & monitoring systems.
- Keeps a safe and clean store environment, and ensures standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
- Maintains product and vendor knowledge of the items we carry.
- Builds customer email list and encourages follow up online sales.
- Works on floor as cashier during store shifts.
- Receives and enters inventory.
- Participates in quarterly inventory counts.
- Must have at least 2 years prior management experience in specialty or clothing retail.
- College degree preferred.
- Excellent organizational, communication and writing skills.
- Computer and spreadsheet skills essential.
- Must have visual merchandising, sales and marketing experience.
- Available to work shifts beginning as early as 8am and ending as late as 8pm.
Starting wage will be discussed via email if you seem like a good fit for the position!
Please submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ASSISTANT MANAGER as the subject line and include the following:
- Cover letter detailing why you would be a good fit for this job and why Tender Loving Empire is a company you’d like to work for.
- 2-3 professional references including references full name, title, phone and email.
- Click here to take a simple 10 minute work style assessment.
About Tender Loving Empire
Tender Loving Empire (TLE) was founded by Jared and Brianne Mees in 2006 in Portland Oregon. Our goal is and has always been to make connections with visual artists, designers, musicians and craftspeople—and then connect them to new fans, and listeners. We've expanded from our humble beginnings as a mom and pop operation in a tiny out-of-the-way location to a thriving multi-vertical company that employs ~ 40 people via 5 Portland retail stores: Downtown (in the West End), on SE Hawthorne, on NW 23rd, at the Portland Airport, and most recently at Bridgeport Village. We also have an ecommerce website, a line of signature products and an internationally distributed record label. Tender Loving Empire is an Equal Opportunity Employer.