Sex & Food
Listen to the song "Not In Love We're Just High"Where are we headed? What are we consuming, how is it affecting us, and why does everything feel so bad and weird sometimes? These are some of the questions posed on Ruban Nielson’s fourth album as Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Sex & Food—a delightfully shapeshifting album that filters these real-deal serious themes through a vibrant sonic lens.
RIYL: Deerhunter, Tame Impala, MGMT, Blood Orange
- 1. A God Called Hubris
2. Major League Chemicals
3. Ministry of Alienation
5. Chronos Feasts on His Children
6. American Guilt
7. The Internet of Love (That Way)
8. Everyone Acts Crazy Nowadays
9. This Doomsday
10. How Many Zeroes
11. Not in Love We're Just High
12. If You're Going to Break Yourself
- The birth of Unknown Mortal Orchestra was private and mysterious; singer Ruban Nielson posted a song titled "Ffunny Ffriends" in 2010 on Bandcamp under a pseudonym, and within a week of recording it, it was discovered by Nylon magazine and had circulated back to him through his office. Today, Nielson is globally successful, lives with his wife and children outside of Portland, and maintains a casually funny twitter presence.