- "Cutting preserves" are membrillo style highly concentrated fruit purees.
- Quince: The inspiration for our cutting preserves line, this little gem has been described as ‘crack’ for cheese. Made by hand over several days, this single-varietal ‘membrillo’ style preserve exemplifies the old tradition of steeping quince. A labor of love --after a long, slow, cook, these hard, yellow, astringent & ancient fruits transform into a sweet with the likeness of honey but the complexity of tropical fruits. Our Quince Cutting Preserve is like a classic membrillo, but a tad softer for easy spreading, it’s excellent with Manchego, Beecher’s Flagship, Cheddar, & Parmigiano Reggiano. Don’t forget the Serrano ham…salud!
- Ingredients: organic quinces, organic cane sugar, organic lemon juice.
- Ruby Red Apple: Crafted with island sourced tart heirloom crabapples and apples, this preserve has great balance (not to mention color!). It has just the slightest hint of bitter – making it particularly suited to cheese. We especially love it with soft, gooey ones. Not too sweet, it’s perfect with charcuterie.
- Ingredients: crabapples, organic cane sugar, organic lemon juice.
- 4.5 ounces.
- Handmade on Orcas Island
- Girl Meets Dirt makes heritage fruit preserves, shrubs and bitters with heirloom fruit on Orcas Island. The San Juan Islands, and the people who call it home, are the backbone of Girl Meets Dirt. Each product has its own special kind of fruit alchemy, infused with salty island breezes that are unique to their coastal corner of the Pacific Northwest.