Typhoon / My Body Remix
Listen to the song "Make It Good (Typhoon Remix)"My Body and Typhoon mix it up and split it up for you on this super sweet 7".
- 1. Hunger and Thirst (My Body Remix) - Typhoon
2. Make It Good (Typhoon Remix) - MY BODY
3. Hunger and Thirst (Shannon Rose Steele Remix)
Typhoon Typhoon is a band of contradictions. The eleven-piece Portland supergroup is both wild and tightly structured, punk and symphonic. Frontman Kyle Morton’s lyrics are concerned primarily with death, but Typhoon’s songs are resoundingly triumphant. The truth is that the band, formed by high school friends who somewhat miraculously overcame the interpersonal challenges and logistical nightmares of keeping a project of this scale intact to full maturity, was just built that way. Morton has fought significant battles with illness over the course of his life and has at times left him struggling with meaning. Of Typhoon’s music he says, “You can consider it one very bewildered man’s attempt to explain the universe to himself...in the language of bewilderment.”
MY BODY Based in Brooklyn, NY, MY BODY was originally formed by Darren Bridenbeck and Jordan Bagnall--both of who are former members of Portland staple Typhoon. Music that is hard to keep from dancing to, MY BODY fuses infectious pop sounds and optimistic lyrics while maintaining a safe distance from cornyness.
Book of Matches
Book of Matches is a film and music collaboration between Matthew Thomas Ross and Kyle Morton. The experiment was conceived in early 2015 and began as a sort of multimedia epistolary between two friends: Ross shooting minute-long shorts and Morton setting the music to them. The Bug Hunt edition of Book of Matches is a one-sided 12” limited to 500 pieces.
- Book of Matches is a score to the film by Thomas Ross.
- Book of Matches Book of Matches is the collaborative multimedia project of Kyle Morton and Matthew Thomas Ross. The artists pair film and music to create art that is much more than the sum of two parts.
Listen to the song "I Saw My Longing"Soft noise rock band The Fourth Wall ventures in a heavier direction with their 2018 album, Infinite Other. RIYL: My Bloody Valentine, Bon Iver, Sonic Youth, dreamy melodic noise rock
BUG HUNT 2018
- 1. Circular Ruins
3. Infinite Other
4. Golden Mean
5. I Saw My Longing
6. When I Lose Everything
7. Echo of Erasure
8. Mirror of This Dawn
- The Fourth Wall is a rock band originally from Hawai’i consisting of members Stephen Agustin, Kasey Shun, Chris Lau, and Max Lilien. Originally a solo project, Agustin wrote and recorded alone in his home for a year and a half, following the break-up of his previous band, Our Distance. In the summer of 2012 The Fourth Wall relocated to Portland, Oregon, where they currently reside.
Listen to the song "The Rule"bed. is pure sensual sonic comfort. They understand the perfection of a simple, honest rock song delivered with care; a lonely spinning disco ball; deep, crisp, fuzzy distortion and shiny guitar twangs. Alternating and dual vocals from Alex and Sierra Haager make it an intimate house party for your head.
Klickitat is a five-song, one-sided 12 vinyl record. A must have for anyone who digs mellow distortion, beautiful pop rock melodies, and guitars."
- 1.The Rule
Limited to 500 Pressings.
- bed. In late 2013, Alex and Sierra Haager quit their jobs, escaped their lives in California and headed north to start Breakup Records. They spend most of their time working with some of their favorite bands, but still found time to create a new music project for themselves as bed. They’ve appeared at Treefort Music Fest, PDX Pop Now! and Davis Music Fest, an been featured on NPR Music’s All Songs Considered.